Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kindergarten and Exercise

I don't know what it is about kindergarten that turns children into monsters. Is it the influence of other kids, or do they just want to test their wings so they push the boundries more? Whatever the case I DO NOT LIKE IT!!! Man...the mouthiness is really unbearable. Tanner actually called me a FREAK the other day. Where in the world did that come from? And I go from being the "World's Greatest Mom" to "You are so mean, I want to live in a different family, one where they won't yell at me!" I told him to go ahead and search because there is not one Mom I know in this world that doesn't yell at her kids. And if you happen to be one of those Mom's... I don't want to hear about it!

Yesterday I was heading to my workout with children in tow, just like I do every day, only this time Tanner woke up REALLY, REALLY ornery. Usually it takes him a few minutes to get over it, but not this time. He carried on and on and on and on and on about how unfair his life was, that everyone else has toys, but him. Now let me preface this with the fact that my kids are required to wake up, be fully dressed and groomed, and eat breakfast BEFORE the TV gets turned on, so when it's time for exercise we just go. Tanner decided that the rules didn't apply to him yesterday. I had to drag him through each step. And of course, I'm the meanest Mom ever because I made him turn off the TV. So instead of being prepared with toys, we had to rush out the door to be on time, and so the toys were left home. However most days he never brings toys anyway which makes his complaint completely irrational.

Well by this time we are into our workout about 15 minutes. I have a pretty good sweat on, but Tanner is STILL RANTING! Can you be done already because I really want to focus! And I really don't care that a 3 year-old wants to play with the toy he brought and doesn't want to give it to you so SERIOUSLY be QUIET!!! Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine ,whine...did I mention whine?! Okay there is only so much I can take, so I picked him up (stopping my workout which is not a good thing) and took him to the foyer. He continues to carry on about how dumb I am and that he is being treated unfairly, and blah blah blah blah! Well I ended up packing up all my things, except for my dvd's because they were in use, and stormed home. I don't usually do that, and I WON'T do it again.

All I'm asking for here is one hour for myself. That's it... ONE HOUR!! I really don't think that's a lot to ask for. The rest of my time is dedicated to what everyone else needs or wants. I need ONE hour to be a good mom. ONE hour to feel good. ONE hour to focus my mind. ONE hour to be selfish. And ONE hour to bring my athlete back. The other gazillion hours are about everyone else. So when my ONE hour gets taken it SUCKS! And I am not happy about it, and I won't pretend to be. Well Tanner and I had a phone conversation with Daddy, and I had to find a corner of the house to "lose it" in.

We have an understanding for now, but for a moment there I thought I was going insane. I have one volume and that's LOUD, and perhaps many variations of LOUD. I don't think anyone can fully understand how important exercise is to me. I just NEED it... the way I need sleep, and food. It makes me feel normal, and that can be hard to come by with children.

I am happy to report that Tanner, Keira, and Kody all woke up in good spirits today:) YAY!!! It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen it's a GREAT day.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry yesterday didn't go well for you. We all need our "alone" time and it's frustrating indeed when it doesn't happen. I'm glad today was better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about alone time. Yesterday while I was in the bathroom, I realized, that I don't even get a moment to myself in there! Someone always has to know where I am, what I am doing, or when I'll be back (while banging on the door or rattling the handle!) Oh, life is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there!! The alone time will come, I promise!

    After a bad day I like to look at my kids when they are asleep. That helps remind me that I like them!!

    Good times:) PS I wish wish wish I could come to your party. My life is crazy and I need your motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how many days have I had that are like that... too many to count. Kids are hard. I love them so much, and yet I still want to sacrifice them to Incan Gods sometimes. "Here, swallow this one!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what you are talking about. If only everything was as easy as children. Try to go to work in a quite office doing work in peace. That will drive you insane. BTW I have lost 10 pounds in a week and a half. Yeah!!!!!


    Jim

    ReplyDelete